Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

When are my HOA fees due?

  • Monthly by the 10th of the month.


How do I pay my HOA fees?

  • You can mail a check made out to West Beach Grand to:

Rapp Management
621 21st St. #101
Galveston, TX 77550

What Happens if You Don't Pay HOA Fees?

  • When a condo owner fails to pay the required HOA fees, the association will first attempt to collect past-due fees by means such as collection letters and phone calls. Eventually, if the fees are delinquent for a set amount of time specified by your state, the HOA can impose a lien on the property, file suit against the homeowner, or conduct a foreclosure of the condo.


How is the amount of my assessment determined?

  • Your assessment is determined by your percentage ownership.


Will my assessment go up / Can the Condo Association raise the maintenance fees?

  • The annual assessments are determined by the budget that is approved each year by the Board of Directors.  While the Board works very hard to keep assessments the same each year, when costs increase for required items (like insurance premiums), the assessments have to increase to fund the budget.


Who is responsible for Condo Maintenance?

  • Common area maintenance is the responsibility of the condo association.


What is included in the maintenance fees/what do they cover?

  • The assessment covers the operating expenses for which the condo association is legally responsible. Typical expenses include:  insurance, water and sewer, electricity, landscaping services, janitorial, pest control, elevator, maintenance and management. Assessments also cover the funding of reserves, which are funds accumulated to pay for future repair or replacement of major components for which the community association is responsible. These include:  roofing, painting, elevator upgrades, etc. 


Who pays for roof repairs in a condo?

  • Roof repairs are the responsibility of the condo association.


Who pays for ceiling repairs in a condo?

  • Ceiling repairs are the responsibility of the owner.


Do maintenance fees cover insurance?

  • Maintenance fees cover building/common area insurance for:
    •  Windstorm
    •  Flood
    •  Fire
    •  Property
    •  General Liability
    •  Equipment
    •  D&O

What Kind of Insurance do I Need?

  • Owners need to have personal property insurance.  We recommend purchasing a supplemental wind policy that covers wind-driven rain (as wind-driven rain is not covered by the Condo Insurance policy) and supplemental flood.  Owners should also purchase general liability insurance to cover damage to their unit or another unit if caused by one of their components, like hot water heater, dishwasher, and washing machine.  It is recommended to consider a supplemental fire policy as well.


What is a Condo Special Assessment?

  • Sometimes, your HOA will have to pay for something that isn't part of its usual budget. A special assessment can fund a capital improvement, like a new roof or elevator, or it can cover unexpected circumstances like an extreme winter with a lot of snow removal. When a condo association special assessment occurs, the association can levy a fee on the individual condo unit owners.  This can affect the value of a condo, and if a condo is being sold after an assessment has been announced, this must be disclosed to the buyer.  


Are short-term rentals allowed?

  • No – the minimum rental allowed is 6 months

What are "Common Elements"?

  • Common elements of a condo are all of the areas and amenities in your condo building or on the property that are available for all residents to use. Examples include decks, walkways to the beach, parking lots, or laundry rooms.  Some condo properties have what are called "limited common elements." These are elements that are the property of the condo association but are for use only by specific owner(s), not everyone in the complex.  Examples of limited common elements include shared plumbing, etc.


What is a "management company," what do they do, and how do I reach them?

  • A management company is an independent firm that assists the Board in the daily functions some of which include: handling financial operations and enforcing collection policies, maintenance and overseeing vendors, helping the board to stay in compliance with the governing documents and laws, handling notices and correspondence to the owners, act as homeowner liaison and providing routine inspections of the property.
  • The scope of services provided by a management company varies based on the needs of each Homeowners Association. At Associated Professional Services, we provide a customized management service catered to each association which includes: financial, accounting and collection services, administrative services on an as needed basis, refinance and resale services and full community management.
  • You can reach Rapp Management by emailing or calling 409-763-4323.

What are the CC&Rs?

  • The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs) are the governing legal documents that set up the guidelines for the operation of the community as a non-profit corporation. The CC&Rs were recorded by the County recorder's office of the County in which the property is located and are included in the title to your property. Failure to abide by the CC&Rs may result in a fine to a homeowner by the Association. The governing legal documents for the association may be viewed online within the Document Center page of this site.


What are the Bylaws?

  • The Bylaws are the guidelines for the operation of the non-profit corporation. The Bylaws define the duties of the various offices of the Board of Directors, the terms of the Directors, the membership's voting rights, required meetings and notices of meetings, and the principal office of the Association, as well as other specific items that are necessary to run the Association as a business. The Bylaws for the association may be viewed online within the Document Center page of this site.


What is the Board of Directors responsible for?

  • The Board of Directors are responsible for making most operating and enforcement decisions on behalf of the homeowners’ association. These decisions include but are not limited to: establishing budgets, enforcing the collection of assessments; making sure contracts are in place for the maintenance of the common area and vendors are providing the work they were contracted for; having proper insurance for the association, and establishing and enforcing the rules and regulations.


Are Board Meetings open to all residents?  If so, where and when are they held?

  • Yes, Board Meetings are open to all residents and the dates for the current year are posted on the community website.  A notification is sent out prior to the meeting as well and recently have all been held via Zoom.


Who do I contact with a maintenance issue and how?

  • Please either submit a maintenance request via the community website or portal, or email


Where can I find Board Meeting minutes and any other documentation?

  • Board meeting minutes, insurance certificates, CC&Rs, and other documentation can be found on the community website or the portal.


Are there any emergency procedures in place for major weather events?

  • Yes – for hurricanes, there is a Storm Preparedness Guide both on the community website and portal (in the HOA Documents section).  We will also notify all owners in advance of a major weather event of the steps and precautions that Management is taking to secure the building.


Are the front door and the patio door work provided by maintenance?

  • The HOA is responsible for the paint on the doors. They will maintain the paint by either schedule or request from the owner. The HOA does not maintain the door itself, the hardware, closures, or thresholds. If you replace your door, we recommend using a fiberglass door as they are able to tolerate the harsh climate better.
  • Balcony work for “normal/cosmetic maintenance” is technically the responsibility of the owner, but the Board has agreed that maintenance will repaint each one in a schedule of one floor per year, so every six years all balconies are repainted. If at any time an owner would like to freshen it up in between this schedule it will be at the owner’s cost, and the HOA will supply the proper paint colors. Please note that repairs will be completed upon notice to Maintenance/Management.
  • One exception to this adopted rule is that tile on the balcony floor will always be a responsibility of the owner. If you have tile, please do all you can to keep the grout and edges sealed, as they can cause leaks into the unit below. Repairs to the unit below, will also be a homeowner’s responsibility. If you have tile, we recommend a strict maintenance schedule or removal, as they were not approved by the Board when installed. Please note that this only effects a few owners.
  • Owners are responsible for the lights and plugs on the patio. Owners are responsible for any hurricane shutters installed on their patios. Owners are responsible for the doors and windows on their patios.

Is work on the patios provided by maintenance?

  • Yes, once every six years (cosmetic painting) or upon a necessary repair (leak, crack, etc).

Can maintenance perform work inside my condo for additional fees?

  • Owners may hire any professional or contractor they deem fit to work in their unit. Maintenance can also be hired, but all work must be scheduled for after their normal working hours and cannot go above the hours per the West Beach Grand Construction Rules.


What do I do if the elevator is not working?

  • Please submit a work order via the website or Caliber Portal, or you can call the Rapp Office. If after hours the Rapp answering service will answer and supply the message to the proper employee.
  • When you submit a work order for the elevator, we ask that you please use specific details and if possible, pictures or videos. For example, please do not use the phrase “the elevator is down,” instead, please use a descriptive phrase or statement about what the elevator is doing. Examples include: stuck on first floor, door open and not calling, large noise is shaft, etc. If your issue is a large or out of the ordinary noise, if you can catch it on a recording, we ask that you please do so.  This practice helps the elevator company troubleshoot the problems the elevator was facing at that time much faster.

How do I connect to the Internet, do I need my own router?

  • Yes, you need your own router and can connect to the building’s internet.


How do I connect to the cable TV and what equipment do I need?  Who is the provider?

  • Comcast is the provider, and you will need to contact them to get the equipment for basic cable (included) or for upgraded service if preferred (not included).



For any additional questions, please feel free to contact Rapp Management at or 409-763-4323.

If you would like to contact the Board, please login to the website, go to Owner Forms -> Address the Board.  This will be sent directly to the Board of Directors.